Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Top 10 Albums of 2008

At last...I actually think I am the last blogger to post a year end top 10 list. There were so many great albums this year and I was exposed to a lot more than ever by doing Atlas and the Anchor. It was a hard decision but these were the albums I listened to the most and ones that will continue to be in heavy rotation throughout 2009. Here are my Top 10 albums of 2008:

1. Vampire Weekend - "Vampire Weekend"

2. Walkmen - "You & Me"

3. Mates Of State - "Re-Arrange Us"

4. Jaguar Love - "Take Me To The Sea"

5. Okkervil River - "The Stand Ins"

6. Wolf Parade - "At Mount Zoomer"

7. Sigur Ros - "Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust"

8. The Faint - "Fascination"

9. The Little Ones - "Morning Tide"

10. Shearwater - "Rook"


Almost:

1. M83 - "Saturdays = Youth"
2. Wilderness - "(K)no(w)here"
3. Dr. Dog - "Fate"
4. The Dodos - "Visiter"
5. Death Cab For Cutie - "Narrow Stairs"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my name's Michael and I run a small record label out of Bloomington, IN called In The Fridge Records, but I'm originally from Cincinnati. I couldn't find an e-mail address to ask you this, but I was wondering if you accept submissions. thanks, and good stuff on the blog!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Michael, I couldn't find a web address for your label but I am interested...email me at atlasandtheanchor@hotmail.com

thanks!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home