Friday, February 26, 2010

Dream Concert: Cursive



Over the years I have seen many of my favorite bands live but there is a growing list of bands I just have to see. With this Dream Concert feature, I have listed the set list and venue of my choice for one of my favorite bands that I have yet to experience live. My selection this month is Cursive. I have been a fan since Domestica and have had a couple chances to see them live but life happens...

As for the venue I would choose Newport Music Hall in Columbus. Which also happens to be the place where I will see them on March 3rd with Alkaline Trio and The Dear & Departed. I also chose Newport because I have seen some great shows there in the early 2000’s, including Modest Mouse and Sunny Day Real Estate and I wish I had seen Cursive at that time as well. Here is the set list I would choose if I were the one writing it out for the band the night of the show.


Setlist:


The Casualty

From The Hips

Donkeys

A Gentleman Caller

Some Red Handed Sleight of Hand

The Martyr

Dorothy At Forty

Driftwood

Bad Sects

I Couldn't Love You

The Radiator Hums

Caveman

Let Me up

The Recluse

The Lament of Pretty Baby

The Game of Who Needs Who the Worst

The Rhyme Scheme

Sink to the Beat



I don't know how well that all would flow but it would sound great to me!

Hey, it could happen!


Check out Cursive's tour dates here: http://www.saddlecreekrecords.com/


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea for a series!

Seen Cursive a few times and one track you should be looking forward to is 'what have i done.'

Sounds really big live.
Still wish Greta was around though.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home